Thursday, August 9

Confessions Of An Overworked Employee

I haven't worn a completely clean outfit to work in just about over a week. Laundry has taken a backseat and the pile of clothes on my floor more than sufficient enough proof of this. Thank goodness it's totally acceptable to wear jeans to work on a daily basis. Are you judging me? Don't worry I at least have clean undies.

I think about putting a out of office message up and hiding under my desk at least 5 times a day.

I have contemplated building a door on my cube. Do you have a cubicle...don't you just wish sometimes you had a door?

I dream about work and by dream I mean I usually have nightmares that I forgot to meet some absurd deadline and wake up in a sweat. Does that at least count as a workout?

My workouts have become a time where I almost completely zone out. The past two days I have found myself on my bike riding around one circular street (.9 miles in length) for about 20 minutes before I realized what I was doing. Every lap got a little bit faster but I'm sure the people outside their houses watching thought I had issues.

I will text my best friend simply to say "I quit" multiple times a day. For some reason it makes me feel better that if I choose to I could just quit...but lets be real...9 times out of 10 I really like my job. Currently though not so much.

My bladder hurts by the end of the day because even though I know I need to pee I will hold it for hours because I'm always in the middle of something. Totally not TMI or weird or anything...

I've thought about this post every day since Monday...it's now Thursday and no, I didn't have to just look at my calendar to figure out what day it really was.



1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are so busy, hopefully things die down for you.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...