Thursday, February 28

January Confessions and February Goals Revisited

Remember my last post? You know, that one that happened almost a month ago where I outlined some of my confessions of January and set some goals for myself for February  Let's see how I did at accomplishing my goals:

Goal: Obviously I need to take my tree down, but more specifically I'd like to find something to go in that corner of the room since a empty corner just looks so sad.
Result: I was able to take my tree down the first week in February and last week my parents brought down my old toy chest that I had repainted and upholstered many summers ago to go in its place.

Goal: Start eating dinner at my table, like a civilized person.
Result: Epic fail. My kitchen table is cleaned off but I can't pull myself away from the drama that is Dr. Phil every night at six (don't judge my guilty pleasure..I only get like 6 channels anyways so The Real Housewives of xyz aren't a option sadly)

Goal: Feel comfortable when making purchases I've planned for. I'm trying out a new budgeting system so I'm fully aware of what I'm spending and where it's going. Hopefully this will help make me feel less guilty when making "splurge" purchases.
(Side note: I think it's finally sunk it that I don't live at home anymore and now I have a whole new group of expenses that I actually need to plan for. I'm in no way living outside my means but I want to make sure I am not just spending money just because I have it.)
Result: I didn't make any exciting purchases this month...unless you count renewing a car insurance policy...Not all purchases can be fun purchases I suppose.

Goal: When I look in the mirror stop focusing on my perceived flaws and focus on the things I love. It's time I start feeling comfortable in my skin. Sure, I probably gained a few pounds since I've stopped cycling everyday but it's not the end of the world. I need to keep reminding myself of this fact.
Result: The is a work in progress, but I'm doing better.

Goal: This sounds horrible, but I think it's currently for the best, keep my distance from this group of friends.
Result: As awkward as it may sound I managed to accomplish this one successfully. What's even more successful though is the fact that I quit Facebook. Well, I haven't logged on in over 3 weeks which is amazing. I started realizing how peoples posts, people I didn't even really like if we are being truthful, were negatively impacting my thoughts. Plus, this totally meant I missed out on the "My boyfriend is so great...look what he bought me" gag worthy posts, because everyone surely knows that love is measured in flowers and chocolate one day a year.

Overall, I think I did pretty well. I'm focusing more on putting myself first instead of everyone else like I usually do. I'm making decisions I'm proud of and I'm excited to continue working on these goals I set for myself.

2 comments:

  1. I think keeping distance from those that are not helping is a great goal and mission you were able to accomplish. it is hard to realize where the line has to be drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished many life changing goals...Dont be so critical on yourself (I am trying to do that also) Funny how insurance is not a fun purchase. Yes some online stuff is ridiculous

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...