Monday, June 4

Mondays Are Hard

The first thing out of my mouth this morning when my alarm went off at 6am was that  "Modays are hard." That is a pretty solid fact in my book and I think it's safe to agree that most people agree. My boyfriend quickly responded with "that's why women watch the Bachelor".

Anyways, most Monday mornings start a bit earlier than normal since I'm 88 miles away from my job. Having a boyfriend that lives more than a couple of miles away proves to be challenging sometimes, but I always remember that things could be worse since we do get to see each other most weekends.

All in all it was a great weekend. I really need to start taking more pictures of things that we do though, pictures always seem to be a complete afterthought for me. I spent a hour to myself in a cemetary under a tree during a downpour while Erik rode my (yes, mine) bike back to his house to pick up my car so that he could rescue me and his bike. I've learned to always, always, carry a spare bike tube so that when your boyfriend patches it and then proceeds to snap the stem while inflating it you aren't completely stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I did manage to get in some mountain biking this weekend...You see my version of mountain biking includes me, riding a mountain bike up slightly inclined dirt rodes. My boyfriends idea of mountain biking is riding up really big, rocky, down-tree filled trails. Since I am just getting into this sport we kept it easy with some slightly inclined rocky and weedy trails...I only manged to fall once (I have a killer bruise) and survived. It was one of those falls where you are totally aware that you are going to fall and really have no way around it. It's slow motion and you just kinda tip over sideways while your boyfriend watches you from atop a tiny hill almost in awe about your general lack of mountain biking experience. I really am a sight to watch.

I'm hanging out at the hospital - it's Tysabri - day! Yup, I'm still on Tysabri, I think July is the 3 1/2 year mark which seems crazy to me. The rest of the week I'll be playing catch up at work to make up hours, but what's new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...