Thursday, September 23

It's not you, it's me.

Dear Blog,

I am breaking up with you. Yes, I know I am using the same line as George in Seinfeld, but I am willing to give credit due where it is deserved. Sure I am breaking up with you in a letter but it's definitely better than when Joe Jonas broke Taylor Swifts' heart via the worlds shortest phone call. You are probably wondering why I am choosing to end my long term relationship with you but instead of taking the easy way out and insisting that I am just not ready for such a commitment I will try to explain why we have grown apart.

When I first started this relationship, you my blog, where my outlet for anything and everything. As time move on since my MS diagnosis I used you to find others with similar stories and to feel accepted into this online community. However, even after the countless restless nights we've spent together editing your html code and making you mine, I have decided it's in my best interest to let you go. 

You have become a chore, a chore that I do not look forward to. It feels like work when I write in here and to be quite blunt, not everyone who reads this blog respects my thoughts or opinions. 

This was my first blog, but it will not be my last. I hope you understand that it is time for us to go our separate ways. I am just looking forward to a blog where I can write about my favorite music, guys and chocolate chip cookies. Something that is not serious, and not taken so seriously. 

I hope you, my dear blog, understand this, it's not you, it's me. I am moving on. You've been great. 

Love,
Steph


P.S. Thanks to all my blog readers over the past two years. It's been a great run, but it's time to take my thoughts elsewhere in the cyber-world.  I hope you all enjoy reading your comments about your blogs because I do not. I actually dread it. I hate the feeling of being judge and critiqued by people I've never met. There are a handful of blogs I truly enjoy reading and I will continue to make little comments there but I feel that my next blog needs to take a new direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...