Sunday, July 12

RIP Batman

Tysabri #7 went well, no problems. Steph came along so we just goofed off the entire time... at least she makes the two hours go by a little faster. I have a appointment with my neurologist on Monday and I have a lot of things to discuss.

Batman, my goldfish, died last night. As odd as it sounds, I did cry, but I guess he was more than just a fish. I got him Feb 2nd 2008 ( day before the superbowl). He stayed at school with me and came home when I came home. I used to buckle his fishbowl in to the passenger seat. When I was in the hospital Steph would take care of him. Apparently when I was in the hospital the 2nd time, for the whole not being able to talk thing, Batman got a bit sick. After about 4 days of not being able to talk, I was definitely down. I wasn't emailing friends, I wasn't responding to instant messages or texts, I didn't care what doctors wanted to talk about, I was just there. While that was happening Steph was dealing with a sick Batman. She says that there was no way she could have let him die that week, because no one wanted to have to tell me my fish died. So Steph and our two suitemates ( The Hannah's- yeah they are both named Hannah...) feed Batman peas from Ramon Noodle packages. One of the Hannah's had found that if you feed fish a pea, that sometimes that helps...and it did, Batman stopped floating and started swimming. I never knew any of this until one day in December, when I had went back to school during finals week for a surprise b-day party for one of the Hannah's...The secret that Batman almost died came out then, but it was just so cool to see that everyone put a lot of effort into making sure that at least my fish survived...

So I guess the Batman is not just a goldfish...he means a lot more to me than just a ordinary goldfish and its kinda sad to see him go...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...