Monday, August 16

Professionalism

The Merriam Webster Dictionary defines the word professionalism as:

1 : the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person
2 : the following of a profession (as athletics) for gain or livelihood

I was contacted by a company this afternoon that I had applied to last week. I love when companies email me, I am not going to lie I hate awkward phone calls. I started reading the email and in the first line I found the first error. The introduction started like this "Hello Tas...." I don't know about you but I usually don't usually address people by their last name. My high school gym teacher used to call me by my last name, but he also was one of the few that could actually pronounce it.

The second issue is that they want me to complete a credit report. Fine, whatever, but the website they ask you to go through automatically signs you up for a monthly credit report service that conveniently costs $14.95 a month so of course when you are filling out the form they ask for you credit card information. 

Anyways I am in the full on process of job hunting. It would be helpful if company hiring would act a bit more professional through the process so I would actually want to interview there. This morning I made the threat that I would put all my loans on my credit card (like they would even fit) and then swim to Cuba. I would pack a few of my favorite things - my insanely comfortable Gap boyfriend jeans, my iPod, a few boxes of Peanut Butter Ginger Chews and my Matt Nathanson seat belt hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...