Friday, April 10

Honey...I'm home...

So I came home Wednesday after classes. I was the lucky driver for my brother and his friend as well. Thank god its only a 90 mile'ish drive, I would have definitely wanted to kill them if it was any longer. 

I decided that I was going to get a new bike. I had researched for a few weeks now, all different models and everything and then yesterday my mom and I went shopping. She dragged me to this tiny bike shop where of course the bikes are the high end models...I test drove one, well I didn't want to but the owner made me...of course she picked out the bike that was almost impossible for me to get on and off of and I just wanted to yell at her and say " ughhhhhhhhhh my legs cant maneuver like that missy!" Of course I didn't, I just smiled, struggled and drove around and then decided I definitely didn't want that bike.

I had looked at Diamondback Bikes online, they have woman specific models and they were on of the few bikes that were well preforming and easy to get on and off of. I ended up with a hybrid 
model, the Vital 2. It is comfortable and easy to ride. However, when I got it home after the guy at the store assured me it was ready to ride, I took it for a test drive around the block and the chain almost immediately came off. That was kinda frustrating but things happen I guess. Anyways, my dad fixed it, and he spent this morning going through and tightening everything and putting on my speedometer and stuff like that. I am hoping to drag it to the park tomorrow and put some real miles in. I had a rough 70 minutes bike workout yesterday and my legs are so sore so I figured it was a good day to take off today. My mom and I are going to head out later and go helmet shopping...soo not excited, I better find a cool one, especially because I settled with a somewhat pink bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...