Thursday, April 23

note to self- always eat breakfest or you'll wind up in the ER

OK so yesterday was a day from hell. I am glad I wished my amazing friend happy birthday at like midnight because in all honesty I was too overwhelmed to do it the next day. 

OK so, I woke up at like 9:30, got my stuff ready for class and decided I needed to attempt to make contact with my boss at the zoo. That's right, the zoo, where I am a birthday party supervisor and deal with snotty parents and wild children. Probably not the best fitting job now, but hey I need cash, the economy is in a recession and heck I kinda love my coworkers. So anyway, I called and talked to my boss only to be notified that I was "terminated" in November because she thought it sounded like I was not coming back from my MS flare up thing. Apparently my dad had talked to her, but he swears he never hinted at that...so who knows, but I was kinda in the shock state of "ummmmmmmmmm I am what?" Luckily since it was a mis understanding I am getting my job back, I just have to fill out some paperwork and I am all set. 

Then I headed to accounting and entrepreneurship, where everything went fine. I did however forget to eat breakfast...I swear I was a bit strapped for time. I usually always eat at least a snack, but I was preoccupied. So after class I was off for some food, and I ended up at our schools Roost- which is like a place where you can get warps and chicken- it is like a tiny tiny little hole in the wall that gets to be like a 100 degrees when they are cooking. So I ordered chicken tenders and preceded to wait in line...5 minutes later, no food...10 minutes later, no food, 15 minutes'ish later still no food but by then I started feeling really weird, I had this insane pain in my side and I got really hot...so I decided to get a drink...well I walked the 5 feet to the drink container and everything got really dark, things kinda disappeared and it got super quiet.

The next thing I new I am on the ground with the campus safety trained EMT and a woman hold my head up...I was so out of it, I could barely talk, and I couldn't open my eyes...I was pouring sweat and just wanted to sleep. The woman who was holding my head was trying to keep my awake and all I really remember was that I kept saying no to every question she asked. Well the school called an ambulance because mr. oh so well trained EMT man said my pupils were fixed and dilated. Anyways the ambulance came like 5 minutes later and layed my down on the floor, took my vitals I think...and I remember the head EMT saying that she did not like the look of my color and compared it later to old water with rice...

So the lifted my to a stretcher and I was wheeled out on a stretcher though a busy busy eating area to the ambulance and taken to the ER. Once I was outside though I almost immediately came around and was joking with the EMT's on the way to the ER. One EMT was no happy with the schools EMT because asked me " Did you see a white light?" I immediately laughed and replied with a definite "No." Apparently the school EMT reported that I had no pulse and was basically dead...Obviously that did not happen...

Anyways, I spent 1-6:15 in the ER where I saw three doctors and had a 80 year old roommate with dementia. One of my suite mates- Hannah- came to hang with me. My "roommate" was so out of it she kept opening the curtain and talking to Hannah and I. This woman was looking for her shoes and was convinced that my shoes that were on my feet where hers...she even grabbed my foot and tried to take my shoe. Hannah also was felt up by the woman who complained that Hannah's pants were too tight. I felt bad but honestly I felt fine so having to deal with this woman got annoying really quick.

So anyways, in the ER my heart rate was high...and its always been high ever since I got diagnosed with MS...I have had multiple heart tests and everything has been fine. But none-the-less the first ER doctor was concerned so he ordered a EKG. Of course my EKG was abnormal...so I got to stay extra...then the second doctor finally actually listened to me and got me some food around 4 o'clock...really people all I needed was food. Then I had to wait and see a Neurologist...no surprise there, he checked me over and did all his neuro testing, which I am sure I could do with my eyes closed by now because it seems like I have done them all on command about 1 million times. He told me I was fine, but told me to eat more...So they finally decided to discharge me, but then when the nurse checked my vitals one last time my heart rate was like 136 so she had to make sure the doctor still wanted to let me go...luckily he said I was good to go...

We finally got back at like 7, with a bag of McDonald's because by then I was absolutely starving. The worst part was that I never told my parents I was in the ER because I know my mom would flip and make me go home...so I waited till after dinner to tell my parents...my mom didn't overreact too bad and my dad said he knew if I needed them to come I would have asked. It just seemed like a waste because I did feel fine afterwards...

Today I am just hanging out and I have tons to do tomorrow and unfortunately when I passed out yesterday I fell hard on my but or on something because I have a crazy big bruise...but oh well, better than hitting my head.

In othernews I am completly obsessed with Carrie Underwoods song- Just a Dream...its amazing and so sad, the first time I heard it I definetly cried and I never cry over a song...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! You know you wanna leave one...